To the casual observer, it might have appeared that I spent the day sitting my favorite chair in the living room, goofing around on Facebook, Twitter and YouTube. That almost feels true to me, but a quick inventory reveals that I also:
- Baked a batch of chocolate chip cookies.
- Wrote a blog post to share my sister's bean dip recipe.
- Washed pots and pans and cleaned the kitchen.
- Ran the dishwasher twice.
- Cleaned the kitchen sink.
- Did 7 loads of laundry, including a rare white load with bleach.
- Cleaned out my main food storage cupboard.
- Got on a roll and also cleaned out some lower cupboards that have been an annoying mess for a while.
- Cleaned out a drawer above those cupboards.
- Decided to swap the contents of two upper cupboards, so I cleaned them out as well.
- Took a LOT of trash out.
- Made a batch of popcorn and spiked some Orange Vanilla Coke with Jack Daniels to enjoy while watching the season premiere of The Magicians.
- Put away all the laundry I'd done.
- Filled a big cardboard box and a trash bag with items to take to a swap with friends next week.
How does all that fit in with my year-long organizing plan? Well, three of the "extra" items I did yesterday were on the list for later in the year, so that gives me three free weekends to do other things. One of the drawers wasn't on the list, but it was definitely overdue to be cleaned out.
Today I have plans with various friends for most of the day, starting with brunch this morning. In between, I'll be making the bean dip mentioned in the previous post so my husband can enjoy it while he watches the Chiefs game.
That leaves Monday for the errands I put off yesterday. I like how this weekend is shaping up.