The good news is that one of my good blogger buddies saw my previous post about our bed breaking and offered me a bed frame and box springs she wasn't using. So although our bed is still in the living room and will be for the next several weeks (at least), it is no longer in imminent danger of collapse.
My husband and I recruited a friend with a truck and picked up the bed stuff after work. After a nice dinner of Chinese food, I spent the rest of the evening dismantling the innards of the old frame so that it is now a literal frame: it surrounds the structural metal frame decoratively but no longer has any role in supporting the mattress.
Right now our schedule for the rest of the bedroom remodeling work is as follows:
- I will go ahead and caulk around the trim and paint the walls, probably this Saturday.
- Hardwood floor refinishing begins next Thursday, September 22nd.
- Once the floor cures, I'll paint all the trim and maybe move the bed and dresser back in.
- New windows will probably be installed the first or second week of October, but most of the work takes place outdoors so the room doesn't need to be completely empty.
- I haven't ordered window shades yet, but that's on the agenda between now and new window day.
It's going to be worth it, though. That's what I keep telling myself.