Since I'm leaving for BlogHer at the crack o' dawn tomorrow and I won't be blogging again until I get back, I figured I'd leave you with a post listing a few things about me, in case you happen to meet me and check out my blog during the conference.
- I'm kind of a crazy cat lady. I'll just get that out there. I have four cats (Xena, Velvet, Trillian and Dr. Jones) and I volunteer for an animal rescue group in my spare time. It's safe to say that all my clothes have cat hair on them. In the early days of my blog I tried not to write about cats so much, but these days I'm just owning it.
- I sometimes sing in rock bands, but I'm on a break. I'm a big hard rock fan and I love singing, but the combination of a really busy schedule and worsening asthma have sidelined me, at least for now. My husband is also a musician—he's a drummer and a recording engineer.
- Early to bed, early to rise, makes Average Jane kind of a party pooper. Sorry, I can't help it. I get up at 6:00 a.m. almost every day to go walking for an hour and then I'm ready to turn in by 9:30 p.m. I'm going to try to nap my way to a more late-night-friendly schedule for BlogHer, but we're talking about a two-hour time zone shift. It's too bad I don't drink caffeine anymore.
- At big parties, I get a little wallflowery. However, that doesn't mean I don't want to talk to you. It may just mean that I should probably retreat to the hallway and talk to you there.
- I am trying to get more fit right now. Hence, the hour-long walks in the mornings. I am also a big fan of yoga, I'm starting to cut way down on meat consumption, and I'm pretty sure most of the weight I've lost in the past few months is from having Shakeology shakes for breakfast every morning. If you see me at Starbucks trying to convince the barista to make me a blended latte with my own shake power in it, that's what's going on.
- There is no way I'm using 10 drink tickets at a two-day conference. See #5. Also, ask around and you may hear a few stories about how I learned the hard way that it's a good idea to take it easy on the partying at BlogHer.
- I am not a mom blogger. That's because I'm not a mom, in case you were wondering. I'm your standard-issue Gen Xer with a career, a mortgage, no kids and the aforementioned cats.
- I am a big fan of mom bloggers. Some of my best friends are mom bloggers (or non-blogging moms, for that matter) and I read a LOT of mom blogs. Just so you know.
- Fashion is not my strong suit. All you have to do is meet me to figure that out. That said, I am putting in a concerted effort to stop exclusively wearing jeans, t-shirts and sneakers. However, I'll probably wear my Average Jane t-shirt on my flight tomorrow because it's always a nice ice-breaker when I get to the hotel.
- When it comes to interpersonal online drama, I am Switzerland. No matter what's going on, I will not get involved in any online feuds. I am inevitably friends with people on both sides of the altercation and while I may have an opinion about each person's degree of responsibility, I will never side with one person over another.
That ought to do it. Have a lovely weekend, feel free to follow my Twitter stream if all of the BlogHer chat won't drive you around the bend, and I'll be back with regular posts next week.