Community. Where have you discovered community, online or otherwise, in 2010? What community would you like to join, create or more deeply connect with in 2011?
When I really sit and think about all of the different and often overlapping communities of which I am a part, I'm really quite amazed. Here's a partial list of the groups with which I interact regularly, in no particular order:
- Kansas City Bloggers group
- Other bloggers I read
- Social Media Club of Kansas City
- Soroptimist International of Kansas City
- The Animal Rescue Alliance (T.A.R.A.)
- Regular Girls (informal group of friends who meet on Wednesday evenings for dinner)
- Two book clubs
- Everyone I keep in touch with on Facebook
- All of the people I chat with on Twitter
- My co-workers, former co-workers and friends on LinkedIn
- My family
Now that I look at the whole list, it's easy to see why my social calendar stays so full.
I don't really have a plan for how my communities will shift into 2011. I'm sure to meet new people and it remains to be seen how they'll work into my current groups. As always, I'd like to make a point of staying in closer touch with some of the friends I haven't seen lately. Maybe that'll be my goal: traveling to see old friends in person.