I've missed a couple of days of Reverb 10, so I figured I'd address the latest writing prompts briefly rather than devoting entire posts to them.
Party. What social gathering rocked your socks off in 2010? Describe the people, music, food, drink, clothes, shenanigans.
Anyone who knows me knows that there's only so much party I can take. As much as I love going to BlogHer conferences with all of their huge parties every evening, I find myself retreating after a while.
Thus, I'd say that my favorite parties this year have been the smaller ones. I appreciate getting together with a dozen people or fewer and just hanging out at someone's house or a restaurant, sharing food, wearing comfortable clothes, chatting and having a little wine.
Wisdom. What was the wisest decision you made this year, and how did it play out?
By far, the wisest decision I made this year was to start walking regularly. The numbers on the scale have hardly budged, but I look more fit, have more endurance, and just feel better. I love that it's become such a routine activity for me that it no longer seems like a big deal to have walked more than three miles at a time.
Things. What are 11 things your life doesn’t need in 2011? How will you go about eliminating them? How will getting rid of these 11 things change your life?
I live a fairly minimalist lifestyle already, so I can't come up with 11 things, but here are a few things that I can definitely live without:
- Cable TV - We're in the process of figuring out how to stream our favorite shows to our TV rather than paying a bazillion dollars a month for cable. We actually watch a lot less TV than we used to anyway, so it shouldn't be a big change.
- The huge tub of random stuff in my home office - Now that we've moved all of the cat stuff downstairs, I need to go through the tub, file or dispose of the contents, and clear that spot so I'll have a lovely open space behind my desk.
- Clutter in general - It lurks in drawers, closets, cupboards, desks and even in my car. I feel a big spring cleaning initiative building next year. It'll be nice to open certain cupboard doors and not have something fall out.
- Dirty windows - I noticed yesterday that the windows in my house are really clouded with dirt. Next year I'll plan to get out my tools and cleaning supplies, take down each storm window and clean thoroughly. It's time.
- Debt - I'm keeping my fingers crossed that I'll have a new job lined up by the beginning of the year. If that happens, I'll have a fighting chance of paying off my only credit card and starting 2011 completely free of debt.
So that's where I stand for now. How is your weekend going so far?