If you're visiting from Nerdy Apple Bottom's blog--welcome! You won't find anything quite as groundbreaking here, but I recommend that you browse my recipes. Thanksgiving is coming up and I have some good stuff for you.
* * *
As usual, I'm reaching the end of the year with a ton of unused vacation time that I have to burn through or lose. Thus, I have this entire week off from work--except that I can't stop myself from checking my e-mail and answering work-related questions.
Aside from the road trip I've already discussed at length, here's what I've packed into my vacation week so far:
- An oil change, which also ended up including a new battery, a change of brake fluid and a new air filter.
- One morning walk so far. I have another one on the calendar tomorrow.
- Lunch and shopping in Lawrence, Kansas, with my sister and aunt.
- Two doctors' appointments.
- Check-ups and vaccinations for Trillian and Velvet.
- Laundry. Lots of laundry.
- Two trips to different grocery stores.
- Finally watched "The Walking Dead," which gave me nightmares, but in a good way.
- Numerous futile attempts to pare down my Google Reader bounty.
- A jam with my former guitarist and some of his friends.
- A couple of restaurant meals with my husband.
Clearly I am not good at this whole "vacation" thing.