Now that all of the post-BlogHer excitement and exhaustion have worn off (it took a lot of sleeping!), I'm pretty much back to my regular schedule. Only moreso.
- Workouts. A mere eight months after I first declared that I was going to re-join our community center this weekend, dammit, I actually dragged myself over and did it. My goal is to go in at least three times a week, which is more challenging than you'd think. The challenge increases when you take into account that I'm trying to go with my husband as often as possible. I've also been vowing to go back to the yoga classes held at my office on Monday and Wednesday at lunchtime. We'll see if my work schedule makes that possible.
- Bands. Yes, bands plural. I'm still plugging away with the party band I mentioned a few posts back. I'm still not sure if it's going to work out, but it certainly doesn't kill me to learn a few songs per week. I'm also in the process of forming a hard rock cover band with my husband and a guitarist who answered one of our Craiglist ads from a while back. We're going to try to record a song on Sunday and see how that goes. Being in two bands at once isn't as insane as it sounds. The odds are extremely remote that both of them will last long enough to put me in a position where I have conflicting gigs.
- Volunteering. Sad to say, but this is where most of my cutbacks have remained. However, I'm still co-chairing or on several Soroptimist Club committees and I have a soft spot for the low-cost spay and neuter clinic.
- Spending time at home. I don't even want to think about how long it's been since I last read a book. We're not even going to discuss the state of my flower beds and the other non-lawn areas of the yard. Or maybe we are...it's gotten so ridiculous on one side of the house that I think a before-and-after photo montage is called for, if and when I finally get around to chopping down the volunteer locust trees there.
- Spending time with the kitties. When I am home, this is pretty much all I do. Yesterday we had claw-clippings all around with a consolation prize of catnip sprinkled directly on the rug. When I woke up this morning, the cats had littered the kitchen floor with two spatulas, an empty Rubbermaid container, a steak knife, and a very bruised peach. Must have been one heck of a party.
- Attempting to maintain a social life. Betizuka was thoughtful enough to DM me on Twitter this week and schedule a lunch because she hadn't seen me since we got back from St. Louis. I have a lot of people I'd like to catch up if I can find the time. Lunches are good. Except on Monday and Wednesday (see "yoga class, vow to attend," above).
- Writing blog posts. Ha, ha, ha, ha, ha! Heck, I'm so busy I'm hardly even on Twitter these days.