In keeping with my goal of spending more time at home, I have tonight open. Here's a little look at what I'll be doing:
- Burrito Night! - The Price Chopper grocery store near my house makes fresh, delicious tortillas every day. Thus, my husband and I frequently declare Burrito Night! when I know I'll be cooking at home. I mix ground beef with Spanish Gardens taco seasoning (a local brand) and make a batch of Mexican rice to go with it (lately I've been fond of Vigo, although I do have a good recipe for when I'm feeling motivated). If tomatoes are in season, I chop up a quick batch of salsa; otherwise I buy some. A little shredded cheese, some lettuce, and Burrito Night! is on!
- Laundry - I've always wondered if I'd keep up with my laundry better if my washer and dryer weren't down in our dank basement at the foot of a set of narrow, hazardous stairs. Eh, probably not. Regardless, I am facing a situation where nearly every functional garment in the household is now dirty. Some clean towels and sheets might come in handy as well.
- TV - I saw that the DVR had Scrubs from this week. Also, I fell asleep around 9 last night, so I still have yesterday's episode of The Daily Show.
- Knitting - I learned to knit today! I don't know if I'll have time to actually do much knitting tonight, but I need to make myself do a row here and there whenever I get the chance just so I don't forget how. As Cagey predicted, my previous crocheting experience is helping a lot, even though I'm a lousy crocheter.
- Kitteh Snuggling - Because they wouldn't have it any other way.
What are you doing tonight?