Breanne tagged me for a "7 Things About You" meme, so I figured I'd do it now.
The rules are:
- Link your original tagger(s), and list these rules on your blog.
- Share 7 facts about yourself in the post - some random, some weird.
- Tag 7 people at the end of your post by leaving their names and the links to their blogs.
- Let them know they’ve been tagged by leaving a comment on their blogs and/or Twitter.
So here are seven things about me that I don't believe I've ever mentioned here before:
- When I'm in an elevator by myself, I like to stand at the very front, right in the middle, so that I have the cinematic elevator-opening experience where I can step right out as soon as the doors open. I imagine it's probably a little startling for anyone waiting for the elevator on my floor.
- I always thought I was going to grow up to be a veterinarian, but I changed my mind after spending the afternoon at a vet's office and watching him perform surgery. However, I have no problem swabbing blood from incisions and other post-surgical tasks at the low-cost spay and neuter clinic where I volunteer, so perhaps I made that decision too hastily.
- Even though I know it would be physically uncomfortable, I'd like to go on an archaeological dig someday. It would no doubt take the form of archaeological tourism, but I still think it would be cool.
- One of the biggest cooking mistakes I ever made involved a frosting recipe from the Mickey Mouse Cookbook when I was a kid. It called for confectioner's sugar and I made the incorrect assumption that "confectioner" was a brand - not a type - of sugar. Thus, I used granulated sugar to make a huge batch of buttercream icing that ended up having to be thrown away.
- Now that the world has switched over to e-mail, I kind of miss writing letters and notes on stationery. I should write more thank-you notes, just to keep in practice.
- One of my favorite things about reading books is the way they restore my attention span to normal. When I spend too much time online in lieu of reading on paper, I get to where I can barely sit still through a meal or an hour-long TV show. After I've made it through a book or two, I feel much more calm and patient.
- I almost hate to admit it, but I'm really enjoying Facebook lately. I particularly like all of the new commenting functionality.
I hate to be a big giant rule breaker, but it's a quarter to 10 and I really don't feel like digging up the blog URLs of seven people to tag. Thus, I'm throwing this open to my entire readership. If you decide to do it, leave me a comment. Thanks!