It occurred to me a couple of weeks ago that I hadn't checked to see how much vacation time I have left at work, so I logged into our timesheet program and took a peek. I had 7.38 days left to use up by the end of the year. I don't know how I let that happen, but I'm sure it had a lot to do with the fact that most of my travel ended up being at least partially work-related (BlogHer and BlogWorldExpo spring to mind).
Thus, I'm taking next week off, knowing full well that I'll be doing a lot of my regular work anyway, only from home. I'm also 100% sure I'll be going into the office at least once. Oh well, that's life in the 24/7 social media biz.
Here's my partial to-do list for this weekend and next week:
- Insulate the basement windows with a combination of shrink wrap, fiberglass insulation and weatherstripping depending on the location and function of each window.
- Try to get my Outlook data exported from my old PC so my husband can wipe the hard drive and use it for something else. Not too hopeful about my chances of success.
- Be awake for service calls from Nebraska Furniture Mart (fixing our broken couch) and Culligan (fixing our leaking water softener).
- Buy groceries, sunglasses to replace the ones I lost at our last gig, and some lipstick in a decent color.
- Empty all the tubs o' crap in my home office left over from our remodel, um, two years ago.
- Start clearing all my stuff out of our guest room, which will be remodeled the week after next.
- Go through the freezer and figure out what's making it so full. Make meals from some of the contents; probably throw a lot of it away.
- Finish Christmas shopping, mostly online if possible.
- Put up the Christmas tree in the bay window of the studio, unless it seems like too much trouble or it'll be in the way.
- Blogger/Tweeter dinner on Monday night. Soroptimist holiday party on Wednesday night. Work holiday party on Friday afternoon. Blogger meetup on Friday night.
Now I have to take copiously-sneezing Velvet to the vet - I hope before she has a chance to give her upper respiratory infection to all of the cats. Have a lovely weekend!