Ah yes, we'd just wrapped up Christmas (no pun intended) in my last update.
After that, I had gigs on Friday and Saturday nights. The bronchitis, it was still a factor. Mostly it sapped my energy, which is not good for the front person of a rock band. I also ended up having to use my inhaler both evenings because it's really helpful to be able to take deep breaths when belting out AC/DC, etc.
I slept until about noon on Sunday and then made a big batch of fried chicken. Thanks for the suggestion, XO! After a gigantic 2:30 p.m. breakfast of fried chicken, french fries and coleslaw, we weren't hungry again until 8:30 at night.
So far today I've taken down the Christmas tree, which process worked the cats into a frenzy. I also took out the trash and recycling, but only as far as the garage because I slept past the pickup time.
On the to-do list for today:
- A few hours of work for my actual job.
- Put up flyers for our New Year's Eve gig.
- Rework our set list for the abovementioned gig to include "Auld Lang Syne" at the appropriate time, among other changes.
- Keep my fingers crossed that my chiropractor can work me in today or tomorrow.
- Drink Dan's beer at 75th Street Brewery.
That should keep me busy, don't you think?