Happy Thanksgiving to everyone in the U.S. who's reading this.
Here are some of the things I'm thankful for:
- My husband
- The rest of my family
- My friends, both IRL (that's "in real life") and online - yes, that includes YOU!
- The cats, even though they're making my life difficult right now (I'm talking about you, Xena)
- My exceedingly cool job
- Our house, which keeps getting closer and closer to the way I've always wanted it to be
- Music in general and my band in particular
- Comedy and humor in all their forms
- The delicious food we're having today
I have several hours before I need to stuff the turkey and put it in the oven. After that, I'll clean the kitchen and living room, prepare the green beans to be steamed and eventually made into a casserole, peel the potatoes and get them ready to cook later, remove the rind from the brie I'll be baking with pecans and brown sugar to serve as an appetizer, and cut up the apple for the cranberry sauce. Oh, and retrieve the utility table from the basement and clean it off so I can set it up as soon as I've confined the cats to their various rooms.
Have a lovely day!