This morning I awoke with thoughts bouncing around in my head like a litter of rambunctious puppies:
- Don't forget to wrap me's birthday present.
- Here's a column you could add to your spreadsheet.
- Hey, don't forget to run the Roomba in the studio when you get up!
- Ask designer about the band logo and order screen-printed blank CDs.
- 8:15 status meeting tomorrow, don't oversleep...
- How does the second verse of "Possum Kingdom" go?
- I wonder which cat is down by my feet?
- It's hot in here.
- Hmm, I'm really kind of tired still.
I looked at the clock and it was only about 4:20 a.m. Sigh. I really wanted to sleep at least another hour.
I turned down the thermostat, rearranged the snuggliest cats and managed to go back to sleep. I had an involved dream about orphaned kittens - one of which had six eyes - and didn't wake up until after 6:30.
So now I need to spend my morning making my daily yogurt parfait, getting made up and dressed, and heading out the door as soon as possible.
What are you up to?