I've been tagged for a meme by A Librarian, so of course I must comply.
a. list seven habits/quirks/facts about yourself
b. tag seven people to do the same
c. do not tag the person who tagged you or say that you tag "whoever wants to do it"
1. I cannot stand to listen to prank calls on the radio. Whenever a DJ plays one, I have to change the station until it's over. I feel pretty much the same way about "Candid Camera" and related TV shows, but for some reason, radio is more painful.
2. There are certain movies that I own on DVD, but will stop and watch on TV any time I run across them while channel surfing. These include "O Brother Where Art Thou," "Ghostbusters," "Army of Darkness," and "Office Space," among others.
3. I am always early to everything unless I make an effort to arrive "fashionably late." Even when I'm scheduled into a meeting at work, you'll find me sitting in the empty conference room a minute or two before the start time waiting for everyone else to arrive.
4. My basic addition skills rely heavily on either counting on my fingers or envisioning dice and counting the dots. That's probably why I majored in English.
5. Now that there's such a thing as self-checkout at the grocery store (and Home Depot), I'd be happy if I never had to have someone scan my purchases for me again. I think I can do it much more quickly and efficiently. Even if I'm wrong about that, I still love to do it myself.
6. I am prone to exaggeration when it comes to estimating time (just ask my husband). If I've been waiting for five minutes, I'll say it's been 15.
7. I have a bad habit of being just organized enough to buy a card for someone, but not quite organized enough to fill it out and send it. There's a stack of cards on my desk that includes two "get well" cards and two "new baby" cards. I don't even know who I bought them for now.