Things I didn't do:
- Get dressed before 3:30 p.m.
- Go to the post office.
- Drop off my dry cleaning.
- Buy the beer and wine for the party.
- Get the Roomba working.
Things I did do:
- Watch the Price is Right to see how Drew Carey did as host. So far he seems a bit self-conscious, but I'm sure he'll be fine once he really gets the hang of it.
- Take a late morning nap on the couch with the kitties.
- Shop for party snacks at Costco. I couldn't resist the baklava tray!
- Shop for other miscellaneous party and holiday stuff at Target. The Method peppermint/vanilla fragrance sticks I bought are the only Christmas-y thing in my whole house so far.
- Finish the laundry.
- Catch up on the TiVo's offerings during dinner.
- Play gin rummy, dominos and BINGO with my husband. Best of all, it was his idea!
On balance, I'd say it was a good day. Today I'm making all the dips and salsas for tomorrow's party, cleaning the house, making runs to the grocery store and the liquor store (stupid Kansas liquor laws), and possibly doing a touch of Christmas decorating, although I may wait until next weekend. Oh, and I'm invited to a blues jam and a holiday party in the early evening, both of which I'd like to attend if I'm finished with everything else by then.
What are your weekend plans?