Look at this - I've gotten so conditioned to post daily that here I am posting on a Saturday.
So I've taken the plunge and begun my shopping online. As I mentioned before, I got a credit card that lets me generate one-time-use "virtual" numbers for online transactions. It's an extra step, but well worth the effort to keep from having my data stolen yet again.
Here are the vendors who have received my patronage so far:
- Interwoven Threads - This is a t-shirt company owned by a former co-worker of mine, Andy Woolard. For every shirt sold, a shirt is donated to a homeless-advocacy organization. How cool is that? I really like their designs, too, and I'm looking forward to watching the product line expand.
- Archie McPhee - Who wouldn't appreciate a company that sells a Crazy Cat Lady action figure?
- Amazon - Of course. I may go back to that well more than once before I'm finished.
- Glarkware - I'm all about the t-shirts this year. And YES, I'm only purchasing gifts. I was tempted to get myself the one that says, "Ask me about my crippling shyness," but it's in an unfortunate oatmeal color that wouldn't look good with my skin tone.
- Applescraps - Next week I'm going to be able to get a look at her new product line in person. You can bet I'll be picking up a few gifts while I'm at it.
I've spent the last 18 months or so storing up gift ideas in Kaboodle (along with a bunch of recipes that I really need to try), so I'll be making my way through those links for more gift ideas.
If you have an Etsy shop, t-shirts, a book, etc. that I should look at from a gifting standpoint, let me know! I'm in the zone and ready to get all of this shopping stuff knocked out quickly.