(Read to the end of the post about today's GIVEAWAY! In the meantime...)
I don't know about you, but my skin gets so dry at this time of year that I look almost mummified. Fortunately, I've received some lovely samples of skincare products from different companies lately. I've had enough of a chance to use them that I'm ready to give you the rundown.
- Skin MD Natural - I took this company up on their offer of a sample bottle, hoping it would do something about my horrible, cracked fingers and the crepe-y skin on the backs of my hands. I've been using it for about a week and it really seems to be helping. My hands are still somewhat dry, but they feel softer, the cracks have healed, and the rawness has disappeared. I'm giving it a (no longer cracked) thumbs up. Best of all, it's not greasy, so I can put it on right before yoga class and not have to worry about my hands sliding off my mat. (If you're a blogger and you'd like to receive a sample bottle, e-mail me and I'll give you their contact information.)
- Skin Free - I'm trying out four of this company's products: the After Shower Moisture Spritz, Niaouli Butter Stick, Extra Moisturizing Soap & Shampoo Bar, and Super Moisture Body Balm. The Body Balm sample I received was kind of gritty and separated, so I can't really weigh in there. However, I've been using the Niaouli Butter Stick on my horribly dry feet and it seems to be doing a great job on my cracked heels. The After Shower Moisture Spritz is very convenient and I'm looking forward to trying it in conjunction with the soap bar. I like that all of their stuff is made from natural ingredients. The name is a little creepy (overtones of Body Worlds), but I suppose that's neither here nor there.
- Then there's Pacific Shaving Oil, which I read about on Mocha Momma's blog. It is teh awesome, just as she said. I bet it'll be even better once I change razor blades (heh). Hint for bloggers: if you express an interest in the shaving oil in the comments, I wouldn't be surprised if Holly hooks you up with some.
Here's where the GIVEAWAY comes in! I have three different bottles of Nail Aid products that I'll never use because I keep my fingernails cut tomboy-short. I'll list them here and the first person to request each one gets it (one per commenter, please). Simple as that. Just make sure you include an e-mail address with your comment so I can write to you to get your mailing address.
- Grow Tougher - growth + hardener + ridge filler
- Clear Liquid Bandage - broken nail repair
- Brush On Wrap - thickener + hardener
Have a great Thursday. One more NaBloPoMo day to go!