Toby Bloomberg has tagged me for the "8 Random Things About Me" meme. After having this blog for more than three years, I can't imagine that there ARE eight things about me that I haven't already mentioned, but I'll go with the first ones that leap to mind.
- I don't really miss caffeine. I've been decaffeinated for a couple of months now and although I still enjoy the smell of coffee, I have no desire to drink it. I'm perfectly happy with water and the occasional cup of herbal tea.
- I wish I had skill in the visual arts. I admire illustration and graphic design, but the best I can do is a few cartoon-y doodles that haven't changed in 20 years. I guess I'll have to be content to express myself artistically through writing and singing.
- I was painfully shy as a kid and I still have to fight my impulses toward introversion. I know, that sounds weird for someone who writes about her life for public consumption and performs with rock bands. It's still true, though. One of my biggest worries is that I come across as antisocial.
- My husband is right about my crazy cat lady tendencies. I have three cats because I have deliberately chosen to limit myself to three. I've done that to quell the part of me that would like to go to the animal shelter and bring 'em all home.
- Facebook is my new favorite online activity, followed closely by GarageBand (which I originally joined so that I could put my band's song on my Facebook profile).
- I've always been drawn to the past. I love archaeology and paleontology, reading old books, browsing through antique stores, rummaging through my family's old photos, studying history, and learning about past civilizations. If anyone ever invented a time machine, I'd be first in line.
- I haven't traveled as much as I would like. I have a valid passport burning a hole in my file drawer, yet for some reason it never occurs to me to plan a big trip somewhere when I have extra money. Instead, the house seems to get all of my extra funds. I should choose three or four must-see destinations and start planning trips there.
- I could eat pasta every single day. Between Italian and Thai food alone, I'd have all the variety I could ever want. However, I wouldn't ever make such an adjustment to my diet because I'm getting chubby enough as it is.
I'm not going to tag anyone in particular, but feel free to self-tag if you haven't done this one yet. It was kinda fun.