Megan of Divine Reality had an interview meme on her blog and I asked her to include me. Here are the five questions she sent:
- Where did "Average Jane" come from? Do you consider yourself average?
When I first decided I wanted to do a journal-style blog, 'Average Jane' seemed like a good name to convey that I was writing mainly about mundane things. I don't have any statistics from which to judge my averageness, but I suspect that a lot of the things I do are actually outside the norm!
- What was the last thing that made you smile?
I came home to my husband and cats after a weekend out of town.
- What do you do when you're not blogging?
What don't I do?! I work as an advertising copywriter, I volunteer for Soroptimist International and a low-cost spay/neuter clinic, I write lyrics and sing in an original heavy metal band, I hang out with friends and family members, I do yoga 2-3 times per week, I play with my cats, and sometimes I get in a little reading, yard work, housework, cooking and/or sleep.
- What five things make you, YOU? (Pictures are encouraged)
My home office, where I do my blogging and lyric writing. I can see that it's time I watered the poor philodendron.
Singing is a big part of who I am. Sadly, I've been having a great deal of difficulty with it lately due to acid reflux. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that my GI specialist can find some new medication that will help.
My tree-hugging tendencies are exemplified by my 2001 Honda Insight (55 mpg average!), the compact fluorescent bulbs in every light fixture in my house, and the way I overstuff our curbside recycling bin every week.
I'm fascinated by technology, which I why I thought my husband needed a Roomba for the studio as a Christmas present.
What can I say? I love my cats.
- Go here http://horoscopes.aol.com
/astrology/zodiac-central/ and find your horoscope. Does it fit you or are they totally off base?
It seemed fairly descriptive of me, but I always believe that it's easy to find yourself in any neutral description of traits. In other words, I think the newspapers' "entertainment only" disclaimers on horoscopes sum them up pretty accurately.
If you want to be interviewed by me, please leave me a comment or send an e-mail saying: "Interview me." (or the like).
* I will respond by asking you five questions. I get to pick the questions.
* You will update your blog with the answers to the questions.
* You will include this explanation and an offer to interview someone else in the same post.
* When others comment asking to be interviewed, you will ask them five questions and so on.