Since I'm up at 8 a.m. on Christmas Eve Eve, I might as well do an extra blog post, no? Yvonne has tagged me for this meme that's been making the rounds of marketing and business blogs lately:
5 things you probably don’t know about me:
- I almost never watch dramas or "serious" movies. Real life is serious and dramatic enough! I prefer comedy, science fiction/fantasy, action/adventure and kids' movies. The only exception is that I have been seeing a lot of documentaries lately, mostly about the environment.
- Even though my iTunes library is jam-packed with heavy metal music, I still have a soft spot for the music I grew up with, particularly anything sung by Julie Andrews. A friend gave me a Julie Andrews CD at my bridal shower as a joke and didn't quite know how to react when it became clear that I loved it.
- I originally named my oldest cat "Galileo," but I kept forgetting what I'd decided to call him (Copernicus?), so I ended up switching his name to "Kato."
- I still have all of my Nancy Drew and Oz books from childhood and I'm looking forward to sharing them with my niece when she's older.
- My favorite places to shop are Lowe's and Home Depot. If money were no object, I'd remodel my whole house, inside and outside, until everything was exactly the way I want it.
Speaking of meme-like activities, check out Lazy Eye Theatre's Plot Generator 1.0. Take the ten words and phrases he supplies and use them to write a paragraph or two describing a movie you could make. I'm still thinking about it...