On Black Friday, I spent lots of money, but it was all at Home Depot (or as Monkey refers to it, Home Despot) and Lowe's on behalf of our studio remodeling endeavor. It was great: no lines, no crowds, no one violating my personal space. I also sat on my couch with the laptop (with some violation of my personal space by the cats) and ordered tile samples for a potential bathroom remodeling project, and a new light fixture for our kitchen.
That's how I'm planning to handle all of my Christmas shopping as well. My goal is to do about 90% of my shopping online and the other 10% at Target and Costco (notice there's no mention of going to a mall). I have a pretty good idea of what I'm getting for everyone, so it should be easy to accomplish.
My Kaboodle lists are really going to help. It's nice to be able to bookmark cool sites with a photo and a description so I can remember what they were. You're welcome to browse my collections for shopping ideas: Cool T-Shirts, Handcrafted Jewelry, Paper Goods, Eclectic Home Decor, and Kid and Baby Gifts.
I've been shopping online almost as long as I've been online (the other day I ran across a receipt from an online order I placed in 1996). Every year it gets more and more convenient and I get less and less interested in fighting the crowds to shop in the brick-and-mortar world.
What's your planned online/offline shopping ratio this year? Or are you foregoing gift-giving altogether?