Yes, another meme. I lifted this one from SueBob. My only excuse is that I'm in the middle of a four-day weekend and I have lots and lots of other things to do besides veg on the couch with the laptop.
1. When you looked at yourself in the mirror today, what was the first thing you thought? I haven't looked in the mirror yet today, but I'm sure my thought would be, "Shower. Now."
2. How much cash do you have on you? About ten bucks, I think.
3. What's a word that rhymes with "DOOR?" Floor
4. Favorite planet? Venus
5. Who is the 4th person on your missed call list on your cell phone? My sister. We play phone tag a lot.
6. What is your favorite ring tone? I like the one that sounds like a vintage rotary phone.
7. What shirt are you wearing? Long-sleeved, black t-shirt.
8. Do you "label" yourself? No
9. Name the brand of the shoes you're currently wearing? I'm barefoot right now.
10. Bright or dark room? Bright
11. What do you think about the person who took this survey before you? She is pretty darned cool.
12. What does your watch look like? I have a lot of watches but I seldom wear them.
13. What were you doing at midnight last night? Sleeping
14. What did your last text message you received on your cell say? I don't do text messaging.
15. Where is your nearest 7-11? The nearest one I can think of is about 40 blocks south, but there's a QuikTrip a mile away.
16. What's a word that you say a lot? I'm not sure about this one - I haven't noticed that I'm fixated on any word in particular right now.
17. Who told you he/she loved you last? My husband
18. Last furry thing you touched? My cat, Kato
19. How many drugs have you done in the last three days? I'm most of the way through my antibiotics prescription and I take my daily Nexium but I've pretty much given up the cold medicine now.
20. How many rolls of film do you need developed? I have two disposable cameras that need to be developed, one of which is from my pre-Katrina trip to New Orleans.
21. Favorite age you have been so far? I'm enjoying my 30s.
22. Your worst enemy? My own procrastination
23. What is your current desktop picture? On this laptop, its a cool illustration of a giant polar bear with blue, glowing eyes. I can't remember who the artist is.
24. What was the last thing you said to someone? Your food stinks, kitty.
25. If you had to choose between a million bucks or to be able to fly what would it be? I think I'd take the million bucks.
26. Do you like someone? I like everyone (mostly).
27. The last song you listened to? "We Used to Be Friends" by the Dandy Warhols - but only because it's the theme song to "Veronica Mars," which I watched last night before I went to bed.
28. What time of day were you born? A little after 2:00 a.m.
29. What's your favorite number? 7
30. Where did you live in 1987? Kansas City, Missouri
31. Are you jealous of anyone? I get occasional flashes of jealousy (someone's richer, thinner, etc.), but they pass quickly.
32. Is anyone jealous of you? Not that I know of.
33. Where were you when 9/11 happened? At home. I don't really know why I was watching TV (I never turn on the TV in the mornings now), but I remember watching the first tower fall and then waking up my husband to tell him that something very bad was happening.
34. What do you do when vending machines steal your money? Pound on the mechanism (like that ever helps). If it's at work, I e-mail our facilities manager, but that's never actually resulted in a refund.
35. Do you consider yourself kind? Sometimes, but I could stand to be kinder.
36. If you had to get a tattoo, where would it be? I'd get one that ringed my upper, left arm. I'm considering getting one on my 40th birthday, but there's a strong chance I'll change my mind.
37. If you could be fluent in any other language, what would it be? Spanish
38. Would you move for the person you loved? Maybe. It would take a lot to get me to leave the rest of my extended family behind, though.
39. Are you touchy feely? No. I'm whatever is the opposite of that.
40. What's your life motto? I'm fond of my family motto: "Never stand if you can sit. Never sit if you can lie down."
41. Name three things that you have on you at all times? Wallet, lip balm, comb.
42. What's your favorite town/city? I'm fond of Kansas City, although I haven't really spent enough time elsewhere to be able to make much of a comparison.
43. What was the last thing you paid for with cash? Yesterday's lunch
44. When was the last time you wrote a letter to someone on paper and mailed it? Probably when my grandmother was still alive.
45. Can you change the oil on a car? Yes, but it's more trouble than it's worth.
46. Your first love: what is the last thing you heard about him/her? That he toured Europe playing keyboards with a progressive rock band. That was quite a while ago, though.
47. How far back do you know about your ancestry? Four generations back.
48. The last time you dressed fancy, what did you wear and why did you dress fancy? If we're talking really fancy, it would have been on my tenth anniversary in Las Vegas when my husband and I renewed our vows.
49. Does anything hurt on your body right now? My neck is kind of stiff.
50. Have you been burned by love? Oh, probably. Time fades that kind of thing, though.