The Countdown to Jamaica has begun and obstacles are piling up.
First of all, I don't have any summer clothes. Well, okay, I have a few pairs of sandals and a couple of skirts, but I have no shorts and only one ugly swimsuit. Did I mention it's impossible to buy summer clothes in the midwest in November? I'm going to try to hit a year-round swimsuit store sometime today, but I really don't have time.
Speaking of things I don't have time for, I also need to:
- Put in a day's work on two copywriting projects,
- Go to the credit union for some traveling money,
- Split, grind up and portion out five doses of the cat's stomach medicine so my husband can keep him alive while I'm gone,
- Buy Ziploc bags to pack my toiletries,
- Meet up with my AdvoCare lady to get nutritional supplements to take with me,
- Attend a luncheon,
- Go to my weekly vocal lesson,
- Write blog posts for the next 4-5 days in case I can't or don't want to post from Jamaica, and
- Oh yeah, pack my suitcase.
An unwelcome wrinkle in the whole situation is that one of my cats escaped outside yesterday and injured her paw. I'm trying to decide if she needs to go to the vet or if it's minor enough that it'll heal on its own. I guess my husband can always monitor the situation while I'm gone and take her in if necessary.
I have about 14 hours between now and the time my sister comes to pick me up. If I really focus, maybe I can complete my list, take the cat to the vet and do some quick shopping. Wish me luck!