I somehow missed that Stacie had tagged me with a meme last week.
List 5 things you'd like to do someday. The dreams that you'd like to accomplish. The goals you've set for yourself.
Here's my list:
- Archaeology-oriented travel. I've always been fascinated by the ruins of ancient civilizations, but have never visited any sites. I'd love to go to Greece, Mexico, Central America, Egypt and anywhere else that offers a glimpse into the past.
- Learn to play guitar. I don't have aspirations of being a shredder, but I'd like to learn basic power chords so I can play some rhythm guitar. I'm bad about practice, though, so I'd really need to discipline myself.
- Perform in a concert venue. Even if it's just as an opening act to a C-level band, I'd like find out firsthand what it's like to sing with my band in front of a large crowd.
- Practice yoga daily. I was getting a good head start on this before my vacation, but I've wandered away from it since I came home sick. Starting today, I plan to return to class, resume my schedule of three classes per week and work up from there.
- Write a novel. In truth, I don't know that I have one in me. I'm much more of an essayist than a long-form writer, but I think it's still a worthy goal. It's another activity that will take a lot of discipline that I may or may not be able to muster.
I'm not going to tag anyone in particular, but feel free to run with this if you're looking for post ideas.