I don't know if you know this, but it turns out that if you stay off the computer and keep the television turned off, there are lots of other things you can do!
Here's some of what I did this weekend:
- Watched my niece play soccer. As a relatively impartial observer, I'd say that Mia Hamm has nothing to worry about. My niece seemed a lot more interested in talking to her teammates on the bench than actually playing.
- Did some bulk shopping. I finally broke down and bought a case of Red Bull at Costco. It seemed horribly expensive, but I figured out that I'm saving almost $24 over the cost of getting individual cans from our vending machine at work.
- Cooked dinner - twice! I made salmon fillets on the grill one night. Yum! Last night we had sloppy joes, but in my defense it was already 9:30 p.m. when I started cooking.
- Took down the Christmas lights and wreath from the front of the house. Only 3 months late!
- Cleaned out the garage and put up another set of heavy-duty shelves. Now nothing touches the floor except the trash cans and the cars. This is absolutely the cleanest the garage has been since we moved in. I'm still going out and admiring it periodically.
I'm not saying we never turned on the TV. We rented Kung Fu Hustle on Friday night and watched it in Chinese with English subtitles because we didn't realize the DVD had an English language track. It was still awesome. I want to rent Shaolin Soccer next.
The one thing I didn't accomplish this weekend: gathering up our tax paperwork. It's going to have to be done after work today so I can drop it off tomorrow (or maybe late this evening).
So that's my story. I hope I can keep some of the weekend's work momentum going throughout the week. I have a lot of deadlines at the office and a lot of spring cleaning left to do at home.
How was your weekend?