I know I promised a regular post today, but I tried to start posts on about four different topics and I just wasn't getting anywhere. Instead, here's a meme I picked up from Joy. I'll do my best to figure out how to get back into regular blog post mode soon.
1. Who is the last person you high-fived? I high-fived a bunch of people at work a while back. Otherwise, it's not something I do very often.
2. If you were drafted into a war, would you survive? I certainly hope so.
3. Do you sleep with the TV on? No, I need uniform white noise. I sleep with a noisy fan on my bedside table.
4. Have you ever drunk milk out of the carton? Yes, I admit it.
5. Have you ever won a spelling bee? No, but I'm a good speller on paper. I'm not sure if it would translate to spelling aloud, though.
6. Have you ever been stung by a bee? Yes, lots of times. It's no fun.
7. How fast can you type? The last time I was tested, I typed 88 words per minute.
8. Are you afraid of the dark? Sometimes. It depends on where I am.
9. Eye color? Blue.
10. Have you ever made out at a drive-in? I don't think so - I was always too interested in seeing the movies.
11. When is the last time you chose a bath over a shower? I usually only take baths in epsom salts for sore muscles or to soak in collodial oatmeal if I have poison ivy or a lot of bug bites. I'm sure my last bath fell into one of those categories.
12. Do you knock on wood? Yes.
13. Do you floss daily? I probably floss as many times per week as I blog.
14. Can you hula hoop? Funny you should ask that. I was just thinking it would be fun to get a hula hoop and see if I can still do it. Frankly, I don't know the answer to that right now.
15. Are you good at keeping secrets? Yes.
16. What do you want for Christmas? A pleasant day with family, friends and good food.
17. Do you know the Muffin Man? Ha, ha! My husband and I just had a random conversation about Frank Zappa's "Muffin Man" song. "Some people like cupcakes better. I, for one, care less for them." Great song.
18. Do you talk in your sleep? Yes. My husband thinks it's hilarious, although he can't always tell whether I'm asleep or awake when I'm talking in my sleep.
19. Who wrote the book of love? I wonder, wonder who...
20. Have you ever flown a kite? Yes, I remember it being a lot of fun. Maybe that's another toy I should buy and re-try.
21. Do you wish on your fallen lashes? Sometimes.
22. Do you consider yourself successful? I'd say I'm a work in progress.
23. How many people are on your contact list of your cell? I keep most of my contacts on my PDA. My cell only has about a dozen numbers in it.
24. Have you ever asked for a pony? I don't know that I ever asked for one, but I had two different ponies as a child because my mother always wanted one when SHE was a kid. My Shetland pony, Twirlsy, eventually went to my sister when I got too big for her. After that, I ended up with a larger pony named Twilight.
25. Plans for tomorrow? Work, work, work.
26. Can you juggle? No, but it's on my list of things to learn someday.
27. Missing someone now? Always.
28. When was the last time you told someone, "I love you?" Do cats count? I think my husband got his daily "I love you" earlier, but the cat was most recent.
29. And truly meant it? ... Of course. I don't say it unless I mean it.
30. How often do you drink? Once or twice a week.
31. How are you feeling today? Pretty good.
32. What do you say too much? "Freakin' and friggin'." I need to either start cussing in earnest again or think of a more creative adjective.
33. Have you ever been suspended or expelled from school? No.
34. What are you looking forward to? My band playing gigs, an early summer road trip with my husband, and BlogHer '06.
35. Have you ever crawled through a window? Oh yeah. I've locked myself out of the house plenty of times. I also used to crawl OUT of my second-floor bedroom window when I was younger, even though we lived too far from civilization for me to actually be able to GO anywhere once I was out of the house.
36. Have you ever eaten dog food? No, but some of the stuff at the gourmet dog bakery looks like it wouldn't be too bad.
37. Can you handle the truth? Yes, but I don't always like it.
38. Do you like green eggs and ham? No, I don't think I could get past the color.
39. Any cool scars? I don't know how cool they are, but I have a bunch of cat toothmark scars on one arm from a stray cat that bit when I was in 3rd grade. I have some fingernail scars on my arm from my sister (we didn't get along until we grew up). I also have a nice appendectomy scar.
Well, that was fun! I'm not going to tag anyone in particular, but feel free to pick it up if you, too, are at a loss for something to post this week.