I'm writing this from the customer work station in my car dealer's service lounge while I wait for an oil change and tire rotation. It's nice of them to provide network access during the wait, especially since the whole "this'll take an hour" thing is always such a lie.
I had such a busy weekend that I wish I could take one more day and just hang around the house all day. A nap sounds good right now, which is not a good sign at 7:41 a.m.
What did I do all weekend? Here's a list of my activities starting on Friday evening:
- Art opening
- Quick dinner with my husband
- Pub crawl
- Breakfast with my husband
- Answered pledge calls at the local public television station
- Band practice
- Christmas party
- Lunch with my dad
- Worked at my dad's office all afternoon
- Came home to eat pizza with my husband
- Vegged in front of the TV for hours to catch glimpses of Alice from finslippy on "Great Things About the Holidays" - a show series with absolutely nothing to recommend it except for Alice's fleeting presence.
- Oh, and I also watched Veronica Mars.
That pretty well covers my entire weekend except for a few loads of laundry, a trip to the grocery store and a pause to take out the trash and recycling. You'll notice there aren't very many meals listed. On Saturday, only a Power Bar and some party hors d'oeuvres kept me alive after breakfast. By the time I woke up on Sunday my blood sugar was so low that it's a wonder I didn't walk around committing random acts of violence. I was very, very crabby.
This week will be no better, although at least I only have ONE activity after work each day. Maybe there's a day I could take as a vacation day? Nah, I'm sure the caffeine will kick in soon and I'll be fine.