About a month ago, a friend of mine sent around an e-mail asking people to list their favorite cult classic movies. I added my two cents after a lot of responses had already come back, and I deliberately avoided choosing ones that other people had mentioned. Here was my list:
- Evil Dead II (Evil Dead remade with a higher budget)
- This Is Spinal Tap (still my favorite of the Christopher Guest "mockumentaries")
- So I Married An Axe Murderer ("Stay for a nightcap!")
- Cannibal Women in the Avocado Jungle of Death (Adrienne Barbeau, Shannon Tweed and Bill Maher - what more do you need to know?)
- Office Space (every type of work-oriented ridiculousness condensed into a comedy gem)
Yesterday I found out why he was asking - he's put together a discussion forum on this very topic: CultMovieForum.com. There's not a lot of activity yet, but feel free to sign up and rhapsodize about your favorite non-mainstream classics. I have a feeling that the "Movies that should be on here, but aren't" discussion might get the most play for a while!