Ahhh, TGIF. It's a great time to reflect upon the things that are actually going right in life and leave the stresses behind. I've been rather wound up this week, but as I approach the week's last workday (I hope!), there's definitely a light at the end of the tunnel that does not appear to be attached to an oncoming high-velocity freight carrier.
Here are five happy things I can think of off the top of my head:
- My workload isn't seeming quite so daunting now that I've made a comprehensive list. It's amazing how manageable projects can seem once you stop them from stampeding through your head and corral them onto a piece of paper.
- Our tax bill isn't as bad as it's been for the last several years. In fact, I actually have the money to pay it right now without looking around for something to sell.
- My husband has a gig this weekend with a band that he says is quite good. In fact, their performance tonight is supposed be broadcast on a local radio station. It's a country band and thus not my taste in music, but I'm glad he's getting some drumming work again.
- I'm surrounded by good friends and helpful mentors. On Wednesday I had a fun group of women over for dinner. This weekend I have a shopping trip in the works with some friends I seldom see. Next weekend, some of the past presidents of my community service organization have invited me to an informal leadership training session.
- My new nephew will be born next week! I can't wait to see him and finally find out his name. (My sister and brother-in-law are wisely keeping their name choice to themselves until it's a fait accompli, to shut down anyone with the ill grace to offer their opinion on the chosen name.)
Far be it from me to veer toward feeding anyone's soul with hot broth and noodles, but feel free to share some of the things that are making you happy right now. It may sound cheesy, but I think it's good to make the "happy list" now and then, if only to remind yourself that the stress-y things are more fleeting than they sometimes seem.