I couldn't resist picking up this meme from J-Walk Blog.
Ten Bloggers for Dinner
The goal of this exercise is to identify nine other bloggers that you would like to meet for dinner/drinks. The only caveat is that these bloggers must be strangers -- you haven't met them before. State the blogger's name, a link to the blog, and why you would like him/her to be in attendance.
This is going to be a toughie, so don't feel offended if you don't make the cut, but here are the first nine who spring to mind for me:
- John Walkenbach of J-Walk Blog - Not only because he was an early Average Jane supporter and links to me all the time, but because it would be a great chance to pick his brain about Excel and music.
- Yvonne DiVita from Lip-Sticking. She's a fellow Marketing Babe and I have a feeling we'll meet in person sooner or later anyway.
- M. Giant of Velcrometer. We could talk about Television Without Pity and life with lots of cats.
- Alice of finslippy, because if she's half as funny in person as she is on her blog, we'd spend the whole meal laughing uncontrollably.
- Alex Boese of Museum of Hoaxes. I've read his book and I'm sure he'd have lots of great stories to share.
- Bakerina of Prepare to Meet Your Bakerina. If she'd come over early and help me make dinner, what a coup that would be!
- James Lileks whose blog, The Bleat, at lileks.com was entertaining me before I knew what a blog was. He, of all people, would surely appreciate my extensive Jell-o mold collection.
- Sarah of sarahintampa.com because we have similar tastes in movies and TV shows and I always appreciate another girl geek.
- Fi from Kiwifruit - another early Average Jane reader who could regale us with tales of living in beautiful New Zealand and pass along gardening tips.
If I weren't compelled to stop at nine, I'd squeeze in the rest of the people in my blogroll who aren't lunch buddies or relatives. I check your blogs every day - really I do!
If you end up creating a similar list, tell me about it in the comments and provide a link.