Over the past few years, my family members have placed elaborate restrictions on gift exchanges among the adults. We don't exchange Christmas gifts with my dad and stepmother anymore, and my husband and I usually choose to use our budgeted funds to celebrate our December 9th anniversary instead of Christmas. Still, I ended up with a pretty good haul this year:
- The book The Pirates! In An Adventure With Scientists. I read it yesterday morning and found it highly entertaining. It's sort of a cross between a Douglas Adams book and the movie Cabin Boy: pirates and anachronistic goofiness galore. Here's the Pirate Captain's blog, in case you're interested.
- Rudy, the tissue box holder shaped like an Easter Island statue. I'm trying to figure out how to mount it on our bedroom wall. It'll look great across from our cobra-shaped, brass candleholder sconces.
- A new microwave! My sister could no longer stand to watch me irradiate myself with her cast-off, partially operational microwave from 1997. Now I have a sleek new microwave that actually matches my other appliances (no more faux woodgrain!) and may save me from future burned bags of microwave popcorn.
- A container of Sunny Seed Drops, delicious chocolate-covered, candy-coated sunflower seeds.
- A hand-knitted, periwinkle blue, fuzzy scarf
- And from my husband, who wasn't supposed to get me anything, a Bose Wave Radio (woohoo!). It's already making me spend more time in the kitchen than I ordinarily would.
So how about you? Did you get anything really good?