It's a good thing all my favorite shows are running re-runs right now. Otherwise, my usual habits of sloth, procrastination and disorganization would be even more pronounced.
As it is, I managed to use last night to accomplish a few things that I've been needing to do for some time, including:
- Addressing almost all of my Christmas cards (but it's okay because I got ones that say "Merry Christmas and Happy New Year").
- Tackling the mounds of dirty laundry in my basement that date back nearly a month.
- Buying cat food for four increasingly nagging creatures who seem to expect it. The only variety of cat food I've found that keeps the cats from hurling copiously and often comes in a ridiculously small bag that only lasts a few weeks. What? I could buy more than one bag at a time? That's crazy talk!
Next on my list (probably for tomorrow, since I have the day off):
- Banish the Christmas tree and other holiday decorations from my sight.
- Gather my business tax paperwork and mail it to my accountant before my stalkers from the state department of revenue start hounding me in person.
- Keep a' goin' on that laundry until the baskets are empty.
- Pay my bills.
After all that I'll be free to start the new year with a relatively clean slate. I think that's far more satisfying than any list of resolutions.