This is one of those weeks when it would be useful to have a duplicate of myself to run around getting things accomplished while I'm committed to other tasks. Work is ridiculously busy. I have three evenings of band practice with two separate bands in the next four days. I never got around to cleaning and painting my bathroom ceiling, but I can't let Saturday's party guests see it the way it is right now.
Maybe if I spent less time blogging and more time scrubbing...
My supreme goal is to NOT exhaust myself the day of the party doing last-minute cleaning, straightening, errands, etc. I'm going to have to make this whole thing work out in my limited spare time during the week.
I already had one stress dream about the party: It was Saturday and I'd been frantically running errands all day, to the point that the party was already in progress but I wasn't home yet. I arrived, sans beer and food, to check on things and discovered very few people there, even though the party had started an hour ago. Clearly, people had come and gone already.
Then I woke up.
Luckily I have a game plan, albeit a tightly-scheduled one:
- Make a Costco run on my lunch break sometime this week for sodas and condiments
- Scrub ceiling on Wednesday night for Saturday morning painting (it's latex paint, the smell shouldn't be too bad, right?)
- Carry CD of both bands' songs to the office for subliminal learning at work
- Pretend the weedy, overgrown patch at the top of the driveway is part of the neighbor's yard
- Pick up kegs of beer on the way home Friday afternoon