I don't have a lot of time today because our friend's funeral is at 2:00 p.m. in a town about two-and-a-half hours away. I need to spend all the morning time I can at the office.
Here's a little summary of recent Average Jane events to keep things going:
- According to this article, there is going to be an NBC show called "Average Jane" in the same vein as "Average Joe." I hope that the many people who run across this blog while searching for the TV show site are not too terribly disappointed.
- I loved all the comments on my "Average Jane Entertains" story, especially since most of them boiled down to, "Don't host any more parties." I actually enjoy having people over, but I agree that there's a definite point of diminishing returns. I think I'll stick to attending other people's parties for a while and see how I feel about it later.
- I took The Possum to the chiropractor vet today because our regular vet had mentioned that her pelvis (that is, the cat's pelvis, not the vet's pelvis) did not seem to be the proper shape, which could be contributing to her, shall we say, elimination problems. She's also been pulling out huge chunks of fur from her side and tail, clearly in response to some feeling of irritation. The chiropractor likened it to migraine patients pulling on their hair to relieve scalp tension. After the adjustment, The Possum immediately began swinging her tail more freely and walking far less stumpily. I think that's a sign of improvement.
- I had a very productive spate of insomnia last night. I woke up around 4 a.m., washed the pots and pans, cleaned the kitchen counters, and loaded and ran the dishwasher. Then I went back to bed. If only I could find a way to sleepwalk through all my overdue projects; I'd never miss another deadline.
- Finally, after watching my husband's beta fish thrive, grow and develop its own happy "feed me" dance, I decided I wanted one of my own. I strongly considered taking it to work to keep on my desk, but decided to leave it at home for now. I got a pinkish-white one with pale bluish fins and black eyes. I've named him Spectre (admittedly under some influence from the movie "Big Fish"). He's rather small now, but if he develops the kind of appetite that my husband's fish has, he'll be increasing in size soon.