I let myself get tagged for this meme on Facebook by Carl Bettis and I figured, why not make it into a blog post while I"m at it?
I'm going to try to keep this list to things that I've never mentioned on the blog before, so it's going to be even more mundane than my usual fare, I predict. Here we go:
- I can't stand to look at pictures of decorated fingernails (that's my top unfollowed thing on Pinterest), yet I always keep my toenails painted.
- Home decor and home improvement projects are among my favorite things to plan. If I could afford it, I'd have my house razed and rebuilt from scratch.
- Given the time and an open agenda, I would happily do nothing but read book after book, all day long and into the night.
- Objectively, I know I plan and do an awful lot of stuff every day. However, I still feel like I'm fundamentally lazy.
- My next big life goal is more food and energy self-sufficiency. I'm going to start with stepping up my gardening next year and I hope to eventually work my way up to solar panels someday.
- I have absolutely no interest in posing for a "pinup" photo. A lot of my friends have had them done and they look amazing, but I just feel like they're not for me. This is despite the fact that I get photographed a lot in the context of my band.
- Another thing I don't envision myself ever doing: running a marathon. Someday I'll work my way up to running an entire 5K instead of alternating running and walking. That's probably as far as my running ambitions will ever go. However, if you're running a marathon for charity, I'll be happy to donate.
- What's the secret to life, the universe and everything? For me it's yoga. There's nothing like it to tune up my brain and make me feel strong and pain-free. Yet my practice consistency is abysmal and I have a terrible time maintaining routine class attendance. Talk about self sabotage.
- Seeing my niece performing in plays over the last couple of years has made me ponder the idea of auditioning for community theater myself. However, although I'd be fine with any singing that needed to be done, I'm pretty sure that my inability to convincingly deliver a line of dialogue combined with my innate lack of dancing ability would swiftly put paid to that idea.
- Despite my long history of enjoying the hair metal of my youth, I have decided that I'm tired of Mötley Crüe and would be fine never hearing any of their songs again.
Photo credit: macca