While we wait for Google Fiber to make it to our neighborhood, I went ahead and ditched my beloved TiVo in favor of the DVR that my cable company provides. I would have kept the TiVo forever, but it couldn't get on the same page with our cable service and I was tired of losing shows and channels. We never watch TV live, so it's a huge hassle when something randomly doesn't get recorded.
Now that the fall TV season has kicked in, we're barely keeping up with the shows we watch. On this year's list:
- Ash vs. Evil Dead (I absolutely love it already, only two shows in)
- Marvel's Agents of Shield (better than ever)
- Grimm (so far, so good for this season)
- Heroes Reborn (I'm cautiously optimistic)
- Gotham (I was starting to give up last season, but it's roared back with a vengeance)
- Sleepy Hollow (keeping my fingers crossed)
- The Walking Dead (love it) and The Talking Dead (ditto)
- I, Zombie (still quirky and fun)
- The Librarians (yep)
So you might notice a certain theme here. Basically, if it can happen in real life, I'm not interested in watching it. The one fantasy show I did finally ditch is Once Upon A Time. My husband still watches it, but I gave up on it last year for good.
Anything great I'm missing? Not that I have time for more, but I could always pick it up via Netflix over the holidays.