I woke up a little before 6:00 a.m. today and I just caught myself thinking, "I don't have much to show for the four hours I've been awake so far."
Then I stopped myself because first of all, how much stuff do you need to accomplish on a Saturday morning when you're still in your pajamas? Second, I actually do have quite a bit to show for that time.
Since I got up I have:
- Fed all of the pets.
- Caught up on Dice with Buddies and Words with Friends.
- Corrected and printed out the lyrics of the song I needed to learn for today's band practice. I also sang it several times and put the lyrics file on my iPad.
- Sung the song we learned at our last practice, just to make sure I still have it down.
- Packed up the foster kittens' food, extra litter and Lysine treats.
- Seen the kittens off to their next foster home where they will have more socialization time before they go to a pet store.
- Taken the dog out a couple of times.
- Washed the pots and pans from last night.
- Made dipping sauce for the summer rolls I prepared last night, as well as a batch of hummus.
- Washed dishes again.
- Loaded and run the dishwasher.
- Made myself a breakfast shake.
- Spent a reasonable amount of time on Facebook, Twitter and Pinterest.
If that's the wrong way to spend your Saturday morning, I don't want to be right.