- What's your favorite thing about being married? The security. Coming home everyday to my best friend and waking up next to him. That feeling -- it is magic, comfort and fun all and the same time and it holds me over when days are hard.
- What's one activity you enjoy that your husband just doesn't get? Twitter! But I signed him up for Facebook a few years ago and now he's the champion of Tetris. So it's only a matter of time.
- You write about marketing quite a bit. Have you considering starting a work-oriented blog? Yes and no - great answer right? I am transitioning my marketing thoughts to Posterous to have a professional presence online, but The Bobby Pin is my main focus.
- How is your New Year's Resolution list coming along? Great in some areas, horrible in others. I think it helped to be concrete this year. I have excelled in at least one area of each of the categories, which is good for me. I have cooked a lot this year and improved my domestic skills. Professionally, I have definitely thickened up the Rolodex this year and it is with people I consider friends, not just contacts. Spiritually, I have gone to the temple almost monthly since July. That is a good thing.
- If you had to give up Facebook, Twitter or blogging, which would you choose and why? Facebook. I don't care who's doing what on Mafia Wars or Farmville. With blogging I get to connect with someone's thoughts -- even if it is my friends who just post baby pictures. Blogging is more a window into someone's life. And I've met so many great people through Twitter that while I think I could give it up, I don't want to.
- Does being in PR affect your response to receiving PR pitches for your blog? I think I vet through the spam more. I am fairly liberal with giveaways and stuff but a lot of the link requests or crappy product review pitches I just roll my eyes at.
- What's your favorite recipe to prepare for company or to bring to a party? I am almost always trying something new. I read a lot of food blogs so I will star a recipe and when an event comes up I will choose something from my folder and enjoy the moment. Right now though my favorite "wow" factor recipe is lava cakes. I stumbled upon the recipe when I was reading GOOP (you know Gwyneth Paltrow's venture into the online world that no one quite gets) and it is really simple, but definitely awesome. Who doesn't like a lava cake?
- What do you envision your life being like in five years? I wish I knew. I applied for an MBA program that I'd start in January. So hopefully in 5 years I have an MBA. I know that my puppy will be getting gray and probably won't be much of a puppy anymore and my husband will be getting established in his law career. But as for me? I am kind of clueless. I know that kids are in our future and I do want them. So hopefully we have a kid, and I am working at a job I am happy at. I would like to think that is my own consulting firm, but I am not sure.
Thanks so much for answering my nosy questions, Natalie! I'm looking forward to continuing to read your blog from here on out.
When my interviewer sends me questions and eventually publishes my answers, I'll be sure to share the URL.
Also, there's still plenty of time to enter to win a $25 GiveCard. Just comment here.