UPDATE: Unfortunately, most of the information from the original post is now outdated. If you're looking for resources related to family violence, here are some more current ones.
Teen Drug Evolution: A Parent’s Resource Guide
Family Violence Prevention & Services Resource Centers
Protect Your Child: Health Plans in the U.S. for Minors
Futures Without Violence
* * *
Who do you respect? What does the word "respect" mean to you? Those were two questions asked of various BlogHer Conference attendees and recorded on video last July at the Macy's reception.
Now their answers are available on YouTube as part of the Family Violence Prevention Fund's RESPECT! public awareness campaign focused on preventing violence by starting with the simple act of giving respect.
Today, September 19, 2008, has been designated National RESPECT! Day, and you can help by:
- Exploring GiveRespect.org. Get mapped by donating $5 in honor of someone you respect, inviting a friend to the rally, or signing the respect declaration.
- Purchasing a RESPECT! Bracelet from Macy's.
- Following them on Twitter @Give_Respect
- Becoming a friend of the RESPECT! Campaign on Facebook.
- Uploading a photo of someone you respect on Flickr and adding it to their group.
- Adding a video response of your own to their YouTube channel.
- Voting for their “Change This” proposal so they can get their manifesto published.
If you donate at least $5 today, you'll receive a Macy's Shop for a Cause savings pass valid all day Saturday, September 20th in stores and online.
Now I'm headed to BlogWorld Expo to meet up with a bunch of people I respect very much. Have a great weekend!